Friday, June 3, 2011

I think I have found my thing...

I have had many discussions with my friends about what "My Thing," is in photography. So many of us are on a mission to find "our style." What it is that we love to do in this huge world of photography. How we want to represent what we see. How we want to touch others with their own memories. I love everything about taking a photograph, no matter what it is. Last year I started my "Caterpillar to Butterfly" Baby Plan. I love everything about it. Not only do I get to watch a baby grow. Means a lot to me now that my children are all so grown up. It brings back memories of my own being that little. It touches my heart. That first year is when the months count. After that you don't say, "This is my child, he is 4 years old and 2 months....lol! That first year when they are completely dependent on their parents for everything. Watching new parents learn how to BE parents. It is fantastic!

I also get to know my clients a lot more. Seeing them much more than I normally would. I just completed my first plan and to be honest, Cohen's Mommy is not just his Mommy anymore. She is now my friend. Thank you Kim for trusting me to capture your little guy. Now I am working with more Mommy's and Daddy's and I hope that I take away friendship from that also.

I also know just how much even my stinking snapshots of my kiddos when they were babies pull at my heart strings. I look at them often. I always have to show my husband too and we both are in awe that they were ever that little. So it feels really special to me to know that my clients can pull out their book from their plan, anytime they want to recapture the feeling of that first year. So I thought I would share a year in the life of Cohen. This is the layout of his book that Kim and her husband Travis will soon have in their home to look back on whenever they want. ;0)
















5 comments:

Kim Bragg said...

Oh my gosh Jennifer, I love you, your style, and all of the sweet pictures of my baby boy you took!!! You have been unimagineably easy and awesome to work with! Now, I only wish I would have had you photograph him EVERY month! LOL! You may have to do another plan for me to watch my baby boy grow up through the years! I too, consider you a great friend and appreciate everything you have done for my family! I have and will continue to recommend you to all of my friends. Love, Kim, Travis, Cohen, & Bleu

Krista said...

Beautiful boy. Beautiful photography. Beautiful book. I just love seeing his little personality develop throughout the book!

Jennifer Walsh said...

Oh Kimmie you are going to make me cry again! Thank you for your sweet words.

Thank you Krista! He is a dream to photograph. I can't wait to see your little one when he arrives! Take lots of pictures!!

Jim, "Homer" said...

Ya know Jenn, you have a unique style that I've always loved, no matter what you've shot I can tell its from you. As to what you like to shoot that could be something differnt, but for a style, you have on and rock at it. Search no more.

Jennifer Walsh said...

Thanks Jim! That means so much to me! You have no idea!!