Sunday, October 28, 2007

Could have been bittersweet but instead a celebration

This is my son Austin. My son's are so different! I have two that can't get enough of sports and everything that goes along with it. But Austin has always been into art. He get's a lot of slack for not being the "typical boy" His art teacher entered two of hsi projects in our county fair this year. We went yesterday to see how he did. the one he is most proud of was a sketch he did of himself. We endearingly call it, "Austin's big ol' head." LOL. On our way to the fair I had to keep reassuring him that it was an absolute honor just to be selected. He is so tenderhearted. As a Mommy I was a nervous wreck, not knowing how we were going to handle it if he didn't win. We built him up just like we do our other son before a big game. We get there and we find the "Big ol' head" and it didn't place. I could see the disappointment seeping from Austin. I still said I wanted a picture of him with the "big ol' head" He laughed and so this is what we got.
A closeup of the "big ol' head"And then we looked for his painting. It was a project on pointillism. It is composed of dots from a q tip. And looked what happened!!!!!!!
Yahoo!!! First place!!! It was a good day to be Austin and a good day to be Austin's Mommy! We were overjoyed!!

7 comments:

Stacey J. said...

Wooo Hoooo..go Austin!!!! I think he did an awsome job on his portrait...but the dot picture is super amazing.

Anonymous said...

Austin my love I think you did a wonderful job...I don't think there is a Grandmother more proud and excited for you than this one or for that matter a Grandfather as he was the first one to see what artistic potential you have. I am so happy he encouraged you in your painting and art work. You keep up the good work and who knows you may be a famous artist one day.

Anonymous said...

Austin my dear, I didn't know how to sign my previous comment but here it is ...as you used to say some years back..Love to you, Mama with the black hair and Papa.

Lisa Walsh said...

Well of course he's talented...he's a Walsh, isn't he? Congratulations Austin!

Anonymous said...

Austin-- I knew God blessed your hands for art ---i seen it in you when you were younger---sooooooooo proud of you---your Grandma said she printed me a picture of your work---you can bet i will showing it off--love you so much Papa

Amy Benzenhafer said...

Congrats Austin!!!

Jennifer Walsh said...

A great big thankyou to all of you!! From Austin and myself. :)